Tuesday, October 29, 2019

HOW CULTURE DRIVES BEHAVIOR?

Culture can change a person's behavior. Many people grow up in an environment fit to their culture and most grow up used to that environment, which can cause some misunderstanding or problems when they start meeting with different cultures. 
Culture can change culture either positively or negatively. Positively because a person's culture may be very righteous or it's main concerns may be to act kindly, and this could help with their behavior towards others. Negatively because a person may meet with someone whose culture's values a opposite or against their own's, and this could make them have a lot of conflict between them.
Another way culture could affect behavior is through misunderstandings.


Personally, I complain a lot about other cultures. There was this one time where I was visiting a friend of my dad, along side my family. Since in Asian culture most children are taught to be silent when adults are talking. However, this isn't the case in many lain-american cultures, where everyone talks regardless of age. And so, the friend of my dad prompted me and my sister a lot to start a conversation, but we just started feeling awkward. Along side the fact that I'm extremely socially awkward and introverted I had a hard time and complained a lot.




0 comments:

Post a Comment