Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Culture Shock

What is Culture Shock? 
It's the process someone goes through when they go to a place that is different from their place of origin.

Examples
Image result for usa miami free way
One culture shock that I notice when I went to the U.S is how the streets are more organized and how people there drove. The U.S streets avenues, boulevards, courts, and parkways are often numbered, the city planning and layout are more organized. When I was there I noticed the cars going at a fast speed and they had a rail for the ones that drive fasters, this makes it more organized. I also notice that there are bigger buildings and that the streets were cleaner, people usually don't through trash in the streets.
I also notice that people are nicer, friendly and more polite. I notice they say "please" and "thank you" a lot. Every time I went into a store or a restaurant the employees will smile at you and greet you with enthusiasm this makes you feel that you are in a nicer environment. (a non-material element for this example is the values they have)People also don't judge the way you dress, you are more freely do dress however you want.

Material and Nonmaterial Culture Elements

Material culture refers to the physical objects, resources, and spaces that people use to define their culture. Non-material culture refers to the nonphysical ideas that people have about their culture, including beliefs, values, rules, norms, morals, language, organizations, and institutions. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment