Tuesday, October 8, 2019

 Culture Shock 



What is culture shock?

Is when someone has a feeling of disorientation experienced by someone when they are suddenly subjected to an unfamiliar culture,  way of life or set of attitudes.


My experience of a culture shock in Costa Rica 




When I was 5 years old I traveled with with my family to Costa Rica and I was surprised by two things apart from the kindness of the people and how they care for the nature and environment of their country.







My first experience with cultural shock in Costa Rica began when we ran into traffic with my family,  it took an hour and half from the airport to my grandparent's  house. It was a boring and desperate experience.








My second experience with cultural shock in Costa Rica began when with my family we went to the supermarket and at the time of paying I realized that I could not pay with the same money from Nicaragua and the Costa Rica money had a higher value in its nomination.










Material culture:


▪︎   Money in Costa Rica has higher value in its nomination.











Non-material culture:


▪︎   The kindness of the citizens















0 comments:

Post a Comment