Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Image result for kermesse

The 2019 kermesse was possibly my first kermesse if my memory serves me right. The place was filled with strangers, parents and loud music. The first thing I did was check out where I was supposed to take a shift observing, but the format changed and I didn't have to go do so anymore. 
I then decided to leave the conference room to look around. All I saw was a football game being staged at the field, a streng meter, an inflatable water slide and the loud basketball court used as diner and dance stage for a lovely group, which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

If seen from the sociological lenses, we can see functionalism and conflict theory. Functionalism is far more obvious, with having the providers for entertainment, participants and servers as one group to please the visiting group of adults, children and youngsters. The conflict theory could be applied to some of the vendors near the entrance, bringing their stock to sell to the people and the conflict being people not wanting to buy due to lack of need or costs. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment